Monday, May 22, 2006

Lady in the Water


At first glance, there doesn't seem to be much to get excited over this summer in terms of blockbuster movies. I was excited about this past weekend's The Da Vinci Code and the upcoming X-men 3 but I have heard so much bad press and mediocre reviews that my anticipation level is down. But I still think this summer has the ability to be a sleeper in terms of the quality of some of its films. And from what I've seen and know of M. Night Shyamalan I think his latest offering could be a driving force.
I'm not crazy about everything he has done and I wouldn't say he is one of my favorites in terms of his movies, but I really dig this guy. I think he's one of the best storytelling talents in the industry right now, and it's great that after the runaway success of his simple little ghost story that he has the ability to pretty much do whatever he wants. And you know the studios love him; he puts people in the seats and his flicks generate a lot of hype.
Of course I was interested that he was making a new film to be released this summer, but the newest trailer I saw today really hooked me. I am really intrigued now, and I think this could be a movie that I'll love for ages if it delivers. And while he has always worked with sci-fi and horror subjects, it'll be great to see this newer, more fantastical movie. And I can't help but be reminded of another movie that dealt with a fantasy land in danger of destruction that included a very frightening wolf hunting down the hero. I'd have to say this is definitely my most-anticipated movie of the summer so far.

1 comment:

Me said...

That is a lovely shaped pool