Sunday, January 29, 2006

"I have a lunch meeting with Cliff Huxtable at the Four Seasons in 20 minutes"

As my friends can attest, about 10% of what comes out of my mouth is original thought. The vast majority of everything I say can be attributed either to Matt O'Dizzle or any number of feature films. Although I still hold that "Who brought this guy?" was mine long before my path crossed that of Darko or Lumbo. Anyways I thought it would be great to list a top ten of films that I thought were the greatest when it comes to lining. And lucky for you it goes to eleven.
11) This Is Spinal Tap: "Hello Cleveland!" Two words: Shit sandwich.
10) The Jim Cameron über trilogy- Aliens, T2, True Lies with an assist from John McTiernan's Predator: "Let's face it. The 'Vette. . . gets 'em wet!" Between the power combo of Arnie and Bill Paxton, what else can compare? Pop culture of the late '80s and early '90s were built around these films. "That's it man, game over man, game over!"
9) Monty Python & the Holy Grail: When it comes to swallows, flesh wounds, or the capital of Assyria this is the definitive reference.
8) Wayne's World & Tommy Boy: "No way! - Way!" These really aren't that great of films to line. Not!
7) The Princess Bride: I would sooner destroy a stained-glass window than not include this masterpiece.
6) Pulp Fiction: How many times have I gotten in trouble for quoting "The Bonnie Situation" scene in public? And when I finished drying my hands the towel certainly didn't look like some goddamn Maxi Pad. Sam Jackson brings an intensity to the Bible that Moses never did.
5) The Cable Guy: "Ohhhh, shit."
4) American Psycho: An awesome wave of relief washes over me as I realize that I've chosen this movie to be in the top ten. My only regret is that I'm not a coke-head Wall Street junkie that can take advantage of many of these great lines. Anyways I've got to go return some videotape before I catch the latest showing of Les Mis. Who hasn't ordered J&B straight and a Corona in the bar before?
3) Any Star Wars movie: I could listen to Yoda talk about his bowel movements and still call it wisdom.
2) The Boondock Saints: After watching this flick, who doesn't want to be a drunken, vulgar Irishman avenging God and murdering the Mob? "Continue the joke."
1) Legends of the Fall: "Do you love her? Or did you seduce her just to spite me?" I could line this movie beginning to end. How many times have Geoff and I played out the Tristan and Alfred confrontation after Tristan sleeps with Susannah? Don't want to talk to someone? "It's probably better I don't; but tell him I said hello. . . and congratulations." Nice dude, nice.

2 comments:

The Dunce-cap Marvel said...

Wow. Only you Karen, only you.

Me said...

"Rollin with the homies..."