Saturday, February 18, 2006

Gotta vent . . .

What the fuck is your Goddamn problem? I came by your house to say fuckin' hello. You know I have a fucking hard job; I sell newspapers door-to-door. It's how I survive in the world. I'm not here to rape you bitch. Chill the fuck out. All I said was, "Hi, I'm Tim." Is that threatening? I understand you might have been a little freaked out. That's why I immediately let you know that I'm with the newspaper. Did I stutter? Is this a race thing? I apologize for how your people were treated by people of my color, but that doesn't mean every 'cracker' come knocking is here to commit hate crimes. You know, sometimes I knock on people's doors and little kids come peeking throught the windows to see who it is. "Mommy, there's some whitey at the door!" Excuse me!? Is that how you raise your children? You live in a $350k+ home neighborhood; what do you have to be afraid of? This is Lawrenceville, not Eastpoint. What if I raise my children to refer to everyone darker than them as 'niggers'? Who are we helping? We're just propagating the same old cycle that is killing our spirits and leaving us in a dark ignorance. Grow up people! The shit works both ways! I'm not saying my side is blameless at all, but how is it gonna get better if everyone keeps mistrusting everyone else and calling the cops? In the past year, two black guys came knocking at my door. One had me drive him to the projects for crack as a 'favor' and the other tried to break in to do God knows what to me while I was asleep. Should I let two bad experiences color the entirety of my life? Certainly not! A lot of us are Christians, most of us are Americans, and we all are human beings so let's find a common theme here and get over this nonsense!
And for the cop who came and ruined my night: I'm sorry you might be unhappy with your day or hell, your life in general, but why take it out of everyone you come across? I know you want to save the world one solicitor at a time, but why not concentrate on something that is actually harming the community instead of wasting your time and killing my night. I'm just a college kid selling newspapers; meanwhile the rednecks in the trailer park up the street are cooking meth to sell to kids. Pick your battles Officer Williamson.
Sorry for anyone who found this post offensive; anyone who knows me decently well knows I tell it like it is. Sure, I have biases and predjudices like everybody else but I try to stay pretty objective and just observe it as I see it. Like I said I just wanted to vent after a shitty night . . . so think as you will.

No comments: