What's a good word to describe the last few days? I think 'trying' would be perfectly applicable. This past weekend wasn't the absolute Hell-fest I thought it would be, but it certainly wasn't peaches and roses either. Let's recap, shall we?
I got a pretty meat-mop paycheck on Friday. Normally that in itself wouldn't be too big of a problem to worry about. But when I have DUI school ($300 bucks!?; are you fucking kidding me?) looming on the horizon, followed by a wedding (I have yet to purchase a gift and I desperately need something to wear and look half-way presentable. Probably won't even be an open bar.) the next weekend it starts to become a pressing issue.
I made the pick-up on a dog to keep me company for the week:
"Well, this is a pretty cool dog."
"Yeah, totally sweet dog. But that's Jenkins' dog. Your dog is over here." Anyway, irreverent 'Baseketball' reference aside, I agreed to watch over my buddy's basset-beagle, Bagle, for the week while he's out of town. Great times all around until I had to clean up the shit it deposited upon my kitchen floor this morning. Damn it.
I went to the emergency room yesterday. Thought I was having a heart attack or something. I broke out into a sweat and everything. Thought about calling an ambulance even, but I figured if I was gonna die I might as well save some money doing it and drive myself. I wait around for two hours to have some young, hot-shot doctor shoot me a smug look and write it off as my acid-reflux. Oh shit . . . this is remarkably idiotic; who goes to the ER for heartburn? I can't wait for that hospital bill that I don't need. Let's see, this is the third time I have had an EKG and chest X-ray for this and it still looks fine? Hypochondria anyone?
And the reason why I am writing this post and not working right now is because my boss suspended me today. Last week we had a big ordeal with the Gwinnett Co. PD over solicitor's permits. So my boss starts breathing down everyone's neck to go and get them. Well, I can't get one right away because I don't have a valid license. I've been driving illegally the last month and I would have to go buy an ID card at the DMV to get a solicitor's permit. This is where the financial situation hits me again: I can't afford to purchase both right now. Besides, it makes more since to get mine in a week since I can get my license back after DUI school. Why spend $40 on something I'll use for a week? I try to explain this to my boss and he basically throws a temper tantrum. Then I tell him I can't work but three days next week because of the aforementioned DUI school and wedding. He goes into a rant about how I'm personally going to be the reason why he defaults on his mortgage and loses his house and his truck to the bank. He hangs up the phone on me without even listening to how I've already solved the problem of working out of Gwinnett this week. And even though he cries about how I'm not a "team player", I still show up at the weekly meeting, which he uses to call me out, though I can't go to work today. You know I used to consider my boss one of my friends, but I guess those days are gonna be over from here on out. It's nice to know what some people actually think of you, even after 2 years of toeing the company line and bending over backwards so someone else can look good. Fuck you very much.
But I guess it's not all bad. I'm going to spend the free evening working on my book and thinking about how I stuck it to the man this weekend by getting 22 community service hours for the price of 4. The Dunce-cap Marvel: proving the system doesn't work since 1982. Outskis.
Monday, May 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
How did you do it then? You can't leave us all in anticipation.
Post a Comment