When I was growing up, I loved the Transformers as much as the next kid. I mean, what male child raised in the '80s wouldn't? You had bad-ass trucks and race cars turning into robots with killer weapons. Pretty rad if you ask me. Although I was a bigger fan of Voltron if you have to know.Now I hear they are making a 'Transformers' movie. Am I excited? Hell no! I couldn't care less about this and other films Hollywood wants to make about the cartoons of my childhood. I grew up and grew out of the whole giant robot phase. Leave that to the Japanese and their anime, I say. I don't care about this movie.
Why does Hollywood feel compelled to push this on us anyway? I guess we have it coming; the kids who grew up with these cartoons and loved them grew up themselves and got involved in the film industry. Rather than come up with original ideas, they decided to bring to life their childhood fantasies and make 'Transformers' and such.
A few months ago, lada told me that a 'Smurfs' film was being planned. I joked that Smurfette would be played by Jessica Simpson in blue body paint. Now that I think about it, I would not be surprised by that. I love these shows, but I don't want to see them as movies. It ruins my memories and brings down the source material. There was a reason 'Thundercats' was not a long-running series; it sucked (sorry Laurie, I never could get this one). Come up with something new Hollywood. I really hope the American public follows my example and doesn't give their money to this movie on opening weekend or any other. These movies need to fail abysmally to show the industry that we won't watch this trash and that we want quality, original flicks.
ps. The original post I wrote about this was much better and more cleverly written. Too bad blogger.com fucked me and decided to overhaul their server the exact minute I tried to publish my post. Thanks guys.

No comments:
Post a Comment