
I just found out that Tim Hildrebrandt died on Sunday due to complications from his diabetes. What a sad, sad thing to learn. This is especially poignant to me since I just wrote my illustration blog a couple of weeks ago and mentioned him and his brother. They were one of my biggest influences as a kid and I always loved Tim's work. From LOTR to 'Sword of Shannara' to 'Star Wars' to the covers of Bruce Coville's books, Tim and Greg were always there, following me and illustrating my mind's image of such

wonderful stories. Tim, I will always appreciate what you gave me as a kid. You loosed my imagination and I will remember that for a very long time. It's strange to think of Greg continuing on without you; you both were such an extraordinary team. Thank you for everything you did for me and kids like me; I pray you rest in peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment