You know I was out on map today trying to sell some damn papers and it just got to me. It was raining, people were mean, and that just seemed to set me off. I started to despair and before I knew it, full-blown depression was threatening to descend. It's strange to actually feel this thing take place; not just in your head but throughout your body. I hate to break it down to just chemical reactions but you can really feel it happening if you pay attention. Anyways, today was such a great day and I hated to be depressed for almost no reason. I hate this story but I started to pull a Peter Pan and think happy thoughts. And it really worked; I ended up goosing for the night and making no money but I ended up happy. It's so rare that I beat the feeling on my own that I thought I would share some of the things that cheered me up.
- getting a good reaction for my writing in class
- the pretty girl that sits in front of me in dramatic writing class
- helium balloons
- Van Halen's Right Now
- memories of me, Annie, and Blue
- getting drunk with lada and Kare-bear in Chicago (Nathan repeatedly calling me Mike!)
- partying like a rockstar with Alf & the Frat Guys
- 3-ways at Skyline Chili
- King's Island
- going to Red's games with my cousin and uncle and eating peanuts
- being Kate's big brother (I remember when it was just us)
- Spider-Man comics
- me and Deven hitchhiking and shooting bows & arrows
- the exact, orgasmic moment when a fish strikes your line
- wild, wacky, inflatable, arm-waving tube men
- The Family Guy
- Kitson & Bitson
- me and Tyler swimming down the Ocoee
- The Royal Tenenbaums
- a good book, especially Treasure Island
Life is beautiful. Veritas.
Friday, February 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
diligo
Post a Comment