Wednesday, April 26, 2006

And even better than Spider-Man . . .

. . . the Reds are hot!!! They are off to their best start since '94 (I believe) and they have the second-best record in baseball. I'm so nervous that I'm gonna jinx them and send them on a 12-game losing streak, but heck if I ain't just jazzed about the team. I hope they fly under the radar all season and then just . . . --WHAMMM!!!-- jump into the post-season without anyone the wiser. I really think they can do it this season. They still need to work on the pitching a bit, but I really think Bronson Arroyo is gonna pull that rotation together and hopefully they'll be cruising this summer. What a great move to pick Bronson up from the awfully awful Red Sox; that guy is the jam!

And how awesome is the NL Central? Pittsburgh is the only club below .500 and the only one that couldn't be leading a division somewhere in baseball. The damn situation has me holding my breath. I'm praying Houston falls off here pretty quick and makes Roger's decision that much harder. And I wouldn't mind if Albert Pujols suddenly pulled a Ricky Williams and decided to become a holistic medicine man. There are a lot of good ball clubs breathing down Cincy's neck; hopefully Junior and Eric Milton can get back quick and contribute immediately to help put some extra distance between us and St. Louis. At least there's one sure thing to count on: the Cubs are gonna crash and burn, baby. Just light that match and watch that fuse cuz they will be due for an explosion before the end. Here's hoping the Reds don't do the same.

ps. Braves suck.

No comments: