Wednesday, May 10, 2006
714
Well, I guess Bonds is gonna tie up the Babe here sometime soon. Hell, he might be doing it right now as I type this. I just got home and checked ESPN's website and it looks like he hasn't done it yet, but even if it's not tonight it's sure to be by the end of the week. My hope of his knees exploding and forcing him to retire doesn't look like it will pan out. Oh well, no big deal. I, for one, will never acknowledge it when he hits 714 and beyond. I think it would just be amazing if everyone just ignored the fact when he hits it. No media coverage, no Sportscenter mention, nothing at all. If only it would land in the bleachers and no one fought over the ball, just simply threw it back on the field to show we couldn't care less what Mr. Bonds does. But that won't happen. Grown men will fight over the ball to sell it on Ebay and every baseball analyst who works in Bristol will continue to kiss Barry's ass. Most everybody I know has a "Who cares if he was on steroids?" attitude and will tell me to get over it and just accept it. But I won't; I'll carry this torch 'til the day I die. Guess I'm just old-fashioned that way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment